Call for papers
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED!
All abstract notifications have now been sent out. To log in and view your submission/s, please click on the below link.
Abstracts submitted in hard copy will not be accepted. Only abstracts submitted via the online X-CD System will be accepted and reviewed.
Submissions will be accepted for the following presentation types:
Oral Presentation (15 minutes)
No. of speakers: One per presentation
Duration: 15 minutes, including presentation time, Q&A and chair speaker introduction. We recommend 10 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A.
Format: Presentations will be grouped with other presentations, each on a common key interest area or representing different perspectives on a similar issue.
ePoster Presentation (5 minutes)
No. of speakers: One per presentation
Duration: Your ePoster will be available for the entire duration of the Congress for delegates to view. ePoster presentations will be on during the welcome reception. Each presenter will have 5 minutes, including presentation time and Q&A. We recommend 3 minutes to summarise research and 2 minutes for Q&A.
Format: ePosters can be up to 4 PowerPoint slides to showcase your work. Delegates will be able to view the ePosters at their leisure and can contact the presenter if they have questions. Official ePoster guidelines will be made available on the ADC website closer to the congress.
Duration: ePosters can be up to 4 PowerPoint slides to showcase your work. Delegates will be able to view ePoster at their leisure and can contact the presenter if they have questions. Official ePoster guidelines will be made available on the ADC website closer to the congress.
Abstract submission information
Submissions should be no longer than 300 words (excluding title and other contact details). Further details will be provided to accepted presenters. All abstracts must be submitted in English. All abstracts submitted must be original work.
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All presenters of accepted submissions are expected to register and pay to access the Congress.
- The acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of registration for the Australasian Diabetes Congress 2021, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, or any costs associated to the congress.
- All abstracts are reviewed by members of the Congress Scientific Program Committee. The Committee’s decision is final.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree to have your abstract (if accepted) published on the congress website, app and in printed material.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree that this abstract may be published in a journal publication (negotiations regarding this option are currently being explored).
- Do not include references in your abstract
- Special symbols and formatting are to be used sparingly. Once your submission is complete, please read your abstract in full to ensure the symbols are displayed correctly.
- Proposed studies/presentations should be significantly advanced or completed at the time of abstract submission.
Withdraw an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the Conference Office in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that withdrawals need to be communicated in writing by the author who originally submitted the abstract, and in doing so, the Conference Office assumes that all other authors/presenters have been informed of the withdrawal.
Have a question?
Queries relating to the call for abstracts can be directed to the ADC 2021 Conference Office, Think Business Events on email@example.com or 03 9417 1350.
Call for papers now closed!
Authors notified by
Monday 28 June 2021
Early bird closes
Thursday 1 July 2021