Call for Abstracts
Call for oral and poster abstracts now open! ADC 2020 call for papers will close at midnight on Monday 17 August 2020. The call for papers will not be extended and it’s recommended you submit early to avoid disappointment in missing the deadline.
Below you will find all the necessary information to submit a paper, including key dates. Please note that submissions cannot be transferred so please read the instructions carefully and ensure you submit correctly for either ADEA or ADS.
Tips on how to present virtually and speaker training will be provided in the lead up to the congress.
Note that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
ADEA call for papers
Please ensure you read through the submission instructions below before starting your application. If you would like to submit a paper for ADEA, please click submit below.
ADS call for papers
Please ensure you read through the submission instructions below before starting your application. If you would like to submit a paper for ADS, please click submit below.
Submissions will be accepted for the following presentation types:
Oral presentation reports on original and significant work in research, development or case studies on any topic in the below categories. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their significance, originality, and clarity of writing.
The time allowed for each presentation will be 12 minutes (pre-recorded). Pre-recorded presentations will be played back to back with a live Q&A panel at the end. All presenters must be present during the session and for the live Q&A panel.
E-poster presentations must present reports of significant work in research, development, or case studies on any topic in the below categories.
The time allowed for each E-poster presentation will be 3 minutes (pre-recorded), each presenter can have up to 3 PowerPoint slides with a voice-over recording. Delegates will be able to view the E-posters at their leisure and can contact the presenter if they have questions.
Group 1: Genetics/Epigenetics/Epidemiology
Group 2: Islets/Transplantation/Immunology type 1 diabetes
Group 3: Pathophysiology/Metabolism I
Group 4: Pathophysiology/Metabolism II
Group 5: Clinical Science and Care I
Group 6: Clinical Science and Care II
Group 7: Complications I
Group 8: Complications II
Review of Resource Delivery
Quality Improvement Delivery
Abstract submission information
Submissions should be no longer than 300 words (excluding title and other contact details). Further details will be provided to accepted presenters.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All abstracts submitted must be original work.
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All presenters of accepted submissions are expected to register and pay to access the Congress.
- The acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of registration for the Australasian Diabetes Congress 2020, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, or any costs associated to the congress.
- All abstracts are reviewed by members of the Congress Scientific Program Committee. The Committee’s decision is final.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree to have your abstract (if accepted) published on the website.
- References are not required. If you wish to include them, they must be included in the body of your text and included in the 300 word count.
- Special symbols and formatting are to be used sparingly. Once your submission is complete, please read your abstract in full to ensure the symbols are displayed correctly.
- Proposed studies/presentations should be significantly advanced or completed at the time of abstract submission.
Abstracts submitted in hard copy will not be accepted. Only abstracts submitted via the online X-CD System will be accepted and reviewed.
Have a question?
Queries relating to the call for papers can be directed to the ADC 2020 Conference Office, Think Business Events on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9417 1350.
Call for abstracts now open!
Call for oral and poster abstracts close
17 August 2020
Authors notified by
7 September 2020
Early bird closes
1 September 2020
11 - 13 November 2020